Monday, May 12, 2008

Name that baby . . .

I've been hearing reports, alternately, that Evelyn looks like a) her brother Andrew or b) her cousin Emi. Here are some newborn shots of all three (starting with Evelyn, of course, and followed by Emi and then Andrew). What do you think? I know it's a little hard to judge from a photo, but I'm curious.




We've been having some interesting conversations with Andrew lately. I'm not sure entirely how much he understands this whole "mommy had a baby but the baby is in the hospital" thing. Yesterday, we took him up to NICU to see Evelyn. He wasn't very impressed. He looked at her for a minute, and then asked where "his baby" was. He was quite emphatic that Evelyn was "not" his baby.
Today, however, his thinking seems to have shifted a bit (although I have to confess I don't entirely follow his logic). I was talking to him about Evelyn and he told me that she was "his baby." I asked, "is she mommy's baby too?" "No," Andrew said, "you have to get your own."
He also told me that I couldn't be Evelyn's mommy--I was his mommy (along the same lines as above). I guess we have to work on the sharing concept a little bit.

4 comments:

S. said...

I love her little round baby face. Many happy congratulations to you or whoever can claim ultimate ownership of that sweet kid.

xraywells said...

Hello-
Aaron says Evelyn looks just like Andrew. I thought she looked like Daniel when I saw her in person but the photos look different than what I remember. Aaron- Andrew
Sarah- undecided (I'll have to hold her and get a good look).

Megan, John and kids said...

Hopefully once Evelyn comes home, he'll figure it all out. And, I think Evelyn looks like Evelyn, but the family resemblance with Andrew is certain.

Anonymous said...

I still think she looks like Andrew. But she's beautiful and perfect, even if she's tiny.