Friday, May 23, 2008

another update

Evelyn has done extremely well today--she's met all her minimum requirements for eating, so I'm spending the night in the hospital (and probably most of tomorrow and tomorrow night as well). Most of her feedings have been in the 40 mls, and she had one feeding where she took 54 ml. Anyway, I'm quite proud of her for finally figuring all this out! The doctors have also put her on two bottles of high calorie milk a day, since, like most preemies, she's not gaining weight quite as quickly as a term baby would. This has turned out to be a blessing, since I was able to go home during her bottle feeding today and take a nap, and since the night nurse has agreed to feed her a bottle for her middle of the night feeding, I might actually get a little more sleep! We'll see how things go tomorrow, but if they continue well, we can probably have her home by Sunday or Monday. Thanks for all of your good wishes and prayers!

No comments: