Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tag . . . and apparently I'm it!

My friend Megan (one of the many wonderful Megan's I know!) tagged me, and, since I have nothing better to do (ha ha) I thought I'd play along . . .

Where we met: I'm pretty sure the first time we met was in Erin Lindsay's dorm room at Penn State, where a bunch of us had congregated to watch Willow, of all things.

How long we dated before we got hitched: almost a year and a half.

How long have we been married: Five and a half years.

What's my favorite feature about him: He has nice hair and eyes, and a great smile (when he's not smiling for cameras, that is!). He has nice lips, too, but that might be TMI for some of you . . .

What's my favorite quality about him: I've always loved his kind heart and generosity . . . he has depths of caring that still surprise me (especially for those few who are closest to him). And he takes his responsibilities quite seriously, as a husband, father, brother, employee, etc.

What's his nickname for me: umm . . .? He used to call me Roho when we were dating . . .

His favorite color: Blue

His favorite food: Fried chicken and pancakes. But biscuits and gravy will do in a pinch.

His favorite sport: Frisbee. (But he's usually happy to get injured playing basketball at the ward, if there's a game going on).

Who said the L word first: Dan did. (Truth be told, he freaked me out a little when he said that because we'd only been dating like two weeks).

First kiss when and where: In the living room of my apartment. March 1, 2002.

Favorite couple thing to do: Watch Food Network Challenge (especially cakes). We don't get out much. If we didn't have little kids, we'd probably like going to movies . . . (There are other things, but you probably don't want to know them).

How many kids:1 boy, 1 girl.

His hidden talent: cooking.

His age: 31.

His favorite music: classic rock. (Although his ipod playlist is pretty electic--and he loves podcasts, although those aren't really musical . . .)

What I admire most about him: How imperturbable and patient he is most of the time--he's so willing to go with the flow. And he puts up with me, which says a lot!

His favorite pastimes: Dan is a huge movie buff and audiophile. He loves listening to books on tape (well, cd or ipod, actually). Cooking. Spending time with his family. Playing games (especially cards). Frisbee football.

Will he read this: Not willingly. (The little he read over my shoulder while I was writing this made him cringe with embarassment.)


I tag: Sarah, Megan Collins, Ronni, Nisa, Jocelin, Kristin (although Scott could post about Kristin, if you'd prefer!)

2 comments:

Topsy said...

there were some naughty spots in there! I'm shielding my eyes!!! :)

Megan, John and kids said...

I love that what you said made Dan cringe a little bit, I doubt John will read what I write about him. It's always fun to see what the spouse thinks about the other. This was an enjoyable post.