Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spangulas and other revelations

So, yesterday afternoon in an attempt to direct my son's effusive energies in a single direction, we made rice krispie treats. Then I remembered that Dan despises marshmallows, but admitted he would eat said treats if they had peanut butter in them. Peanut butter treats go much better with chocolate, and so we ended up with peanut butter rice krispie treats. And of course, Andrew got to lick off the "spangula" (spatula, in non-Andrew speak). Doesn't he look lovely? And then, of course, a short video. (I asked Andrew what he was holding--hoping to catch "spangula" on tape. Imagine my chagrin after posting this initially and having Dan point out to me that Andrew is actually saying the word correctly. But he DID call it a spangula to start with!)








Andrew wanted his picture taken with Evelyn, but when he got too close to her, she tried to grab his hair, which he didn't like. (But which seems only fair, since the other day we caught him "picking" her hair). Andrew's little sophistries kill me sometimes. I was trying to feed Evelyn some cereal and she didn't particularly want to eat it, so I kept repeating, "Open up, Evelyn. Say ah!" Andrew, who was supposed to be eating his own lunch, turned around and repeated what I said. Finally, exasperated, I said, "Andrew, stop talking to your sister and eat your lunch!" To which my little sophist said, "I'm not talking to her. I'm cheering for her."


1 comment:

Megan, John and kids said...

I love the looks on both of their faces as Evelyn is grabbing for Andrew's hair. Now she realizes she can get him back for all of his poking and prodding. It certainly changes the dynamic with two. And, although it's sad that Andrew pronounced the word correctly, his enthusiasm is still rather adorable.