Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Andrew updates

Luckily, when we're not busy laughing at despair.com, Andrew keeps us pretty well entertained.

Today, he told my mom: "You're my only grandma. That's why I need to build my rescue train on you." (Hmm. Maybe we shouldn't let him watch so much Diego, Animal rescuer extraordinaire).

Tonight, as we were getting the kids ready for bed, we gave Evelyn some infant motrin because she has a bit of an ear infection and she seemed uncomfortable. Andrew insisted that he was sick, that he had a cold and needed medicine too. So we said, "Oh, that's too bad. I guess you won't be able to go to your swimming lessons this weekend. Or go to the zoo. Or visit with Bubby and Poppy" (I know, we're evil parents. Good thing his sense of time is pretty skewed, or he'd know the weekend was too far away for a cold now to necessarily be a threat then).

Andrew thought for a minute, and then said, "I think I'm feeling a little bit better."

1 comment:

Megan, John and kids said...

So, I'm late in catching up, and not actually commenting on this posting, but after flipping over to Dan's parents' blog thought that congratulations seem to be in order, and I wanted to extend them.
Oh, and also let you know that we've used the same tactics on our children, and they seem okay. Better to threaten a little than give in and over dose on medicine, right?