Sunday, October 05, 2008

Milestones

Since this week has been far to busy for me to keep any kind of accurate daily record (read: I don't remember all the details), I'll cut to the quick and just give you the highlights.

Evelyn, of course, continues to be just about as cute as she can be. She's really generally a delightfully low key baby who only cries when she's hungry or tired (and not always then). Our only complaint: we'd like it if she slept a little more (for naps, longer stretches at night).




But she did accomplish something big this week: she rolled over for the first time! I propped her on her stomach and she sort of fell over to one side and got stuck. (Her getting stuck is the only reason I have any kind of documentary evidence of this event--the video marks the actual momentous first.) After fidgeting for a while, she finally managed to flip her lower half over. And lest you think this was just a one-time fluke or fortuitous accident, she did the same thing the next morning about four times in a row. I guess she just really didn't like tummy time!





Andrew has also been quite pro-active in achieving his goals this week. He has finally reached what can only be termed a potty-training success. In the last week, we've only had one, maybe two accidents. He was successful enough that Dan and I finally gave him the reward that he'd been promised: a Little Einstein's rocket, from which he has since been more or less inseparable. (The first day he had it, he wanted to take it with him everywhere--to the store, to bed, to the bathroom). But we're very proud of him.



My major accomplishment of the week was finally getting my hair cut (after almost two years!). I figured that since I was getting it cut, I might as well do something drastic. I think it looks pretty good--although I'm still trying to figure out how to make it look as good as it did coming out of the salon.
As for Dan, lest you think we've forgotten him, he's also embarking on a milestone of sorts: his first applications for a real job are due next week. We wish him all possible luck!

3 comments:

Megan, John and kids said...

Congratulations to all the Eves and their milestones. Cute little Evelyn, it's great to have confirmation that their accomplishments aren't just flukes. And, the potty-training milestone may be the biggest thing (for the parents) in a young man's life. Your hair looks great Rosalyn! And, good luck Dan! John's just getting his first applications in now, so, we feel for you.

megandjon said...

Evelyn and Walter have a lot in common! His naps and nightime sleeping leave a lot to be desired, and he doesn't like tummy time either!! But other than that, doing well and adorable...

And I love your hair; it's reall cute!

Ferenc és Mária said...

Three cheers for the Children!
You have a very close, very tight knit family. You really take care of eavh other, regularly visit each other, and are always calling each other to make sure that they're OK. You spend a lot of time together. It's really nice and encouraging for us to see that the family unit really can work.
Rosalyn. Your hair looks really great!
Our respectful compliments to your family.
Szívből gratulálunk a családodhoz, régen írtunk már, most igyekeztünk némileg pótolni, ha mindössze néhány mondat erejéig is.
Minden jót Nektek!