So, Andrew picked up some wand-like stick this morning and was waving it about intent on his magic tricks. And his magic word? Not "please," not "abracadabra," not "a la Peanut Butter sandwiches" (as his dad suggested), but . . . "Africa bunnies!" (Who knows?)
We suggested abracadabra, which Andrew scorned. So Dan finally said, "why don't you say 'obfuscate'?" Andrew responded by waving his wand and shouting "Abraca-skate!"
4 comments:
This is a nice story again. Your son is an attractive child:)
I like the end result...I'll have to use that around here and see what unexpected magic happens. It reminded me of Lucy and the "pet" slug she named Speech Bubble. As in, where they put the words people say in comic strips. Poor Speech Bubble, he didn't even live the day.
I think "Africa Bunnies" sounds like a great magic word. I'll have to try that one out. Maybe it just works better when you make up your own magic words.
Hi, Rosalyn-
It's so good to hear from you! You must stay busy with your little ones and teaching and all. Your kids are adorable and sound like tons of fun. I was hoping your blog would have links to Jared's and Jennilyn's, but I did find Justin's. Is he at Yale now? We live about an hour south of New Haven. I hope all the Collings are doing well!
-Edna
Post a Comment