We came home today from a week's worth of vacationing (well, spending time with family anyway) to a disorganized house and lots of unpacking. And I'm tired. And I didn't take any pictures this week. So I nearly didn't write--but then figured that I've spent so much time making this blog updating thing a habit, that it would be a shame to miss the first Sunday of the year.
So I'll just say this: we spent the early part of the week down south, with Dan's family, enjoying the (relatively) balmy weather of southern Utah. Then we went north, to my family (a little earlier than expected to escape a snow storm) and spent the next couple of days mostly homebound because of weather. But it was so nice to see my family--my parents, one of my brothers and my sister, my nieces and nephews. And of course, my mom and I got a little bit of shopping in.
I can't say--yet--that I'm glad to be home. I still have to put my house in order and face the reality that the semester is coming.
But I am glad for a new year, and for the promise of new beginnings that it brings with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment