Thursday, January 13, 2011

Andrew update

Andrew had his 5-year-old well child visit this week. (Among other things, this involved getting his kindergarten immunizations). Most of the appointment went pretty well--aside from the fact that both my kids seemed set on talking the poor doctor's ear off.

Since I've made a habit of recording the visits so far, here's Andrew's new growth updates. He's now 50 lbs and 3 ft 7.5 inches tall, which puts him in the 92nd and 100th percentile, respectively. (I'm not 100% certain about the height statistic, since the nurse originally wrote it down wrong). So, yeah, apparently he's growing just fine.

He was also terrified of the shots. When the nurse came in, he cowered behind the chair. I pulled him onto my lap (no mean feat when he weighs what he does) and tried to convince him to hold still. He cried, protested that he wanted to do the shots "tomorrow," and when he finally got the first shot, he said "ouch," but otherwise stopped protesting. I think he realized how underwhelming shots are--the anticipation is worse than the shot itself. And he was pretty proud of his bandages--he wanted to wear shorts after he got home so he could show them off (I didn't let him).

No comments: