Sunday, January 09, 2011

Back to the Grindstone

After two weeks of family, food, and unstructured free time, it was hard to come back to the reality of routine this week. Dan went to campus every day this week, working on syllabi, grants, and whatever else professors do when school isn't in session. I worked on syllabi too--in the evenings, when the kids were asleep. I think we're finally ready for school to start next week. Ready--not necessarily willing. Personally, another week or two of vacation would be nice.

There's not really much to report from this week. The kids and I spent most of the daytime hours getting the house back in order (it had been much neglected) and staying indoors, as it was still pretty cold outside.

It finally warmed up this weekend, and we indulged ourselves by walking to one of our favorite local joints, affectionately known as "The Cow." (I think the real name is the Top Spot). But it has a huge plastic cow on the roof, ergo its nickname.

Hopefully we'll have more interesting/exciting news to post for next week (it is a holiday weekend, after all, and the weekend before my birthday).

In the meantime, here's some pictures of Evelyn, sporting her first ever big-girl pony tail. Doesn't she look good? You'll have to savor the pictures, because you're unlikely to see her like this again for some time--she's getting her hair cut this Friday, to hopefully even out the layers in the back and get rid of the mullet look she's been sporting recently.



2 comments:

Jenilyn Collings said...

So cute! Emi and I are getting haircuts this week too. Out of curiosity, is she winking on purpose?

Jana said...

Love the wink! She is so beautiful!