Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hajra!

For those of you who don't speak Hungarian (which is probably almost everyone who reads this), the title of this week's post means: "Onward!" Somehow it sounds better (more militant, enthusiastic) in Hungarian.

I was trying to remember what happened this week, and thinking that nothing notable must have happened because my memory was blank. Then I remembered: oh yeah. I had a birthday. Hm. I must be getting old (that, or I deliberately buried the memory).

Not that much happened--Dan and I had our celebration last weekend. For my birthday, Dan got on a plane and flew to San Diego for a grant-writing workshop. Which was apparently quite good, but we missed him. However, lest you feel too sorry for me, I did have some friends come over that evening for some DQ cake and we stayed up until almost midnight talking (!). I really am getting to old to do that on a weeknight. Or any night, really.

My parents came down for the end of the MLK weekend and we dragged them to Zion on Monday (since it was, after all, fee free weekend, we figured we needed to take advantage of it). It was a little chilly in spots (esp. in the shade), but the snow on the red rock and juniper really was breathtaking. We managed to find a hike that was mostly clear and paved (for the kids and my dad) and I think everyone enjoyed the outing. Andrew's favorite part was the massive tunnel through the park.


This weekend, for a change of pace, we went south to SG again, ostensibly to help Bubby and Poppy put a new stove in at the condo (as it turns out, they didn't need us). So we went to Costco (where we spent too much money and Evelyn and I fell in love with an Easter dress), had lunch at the park, hung out, and had some fabulous frozen yogurt at a new place called Krave. Andrew and I went for a nice walk around the temple and environs, and he collected fallen pecans (his new hobby, apparently) and then helped his Dad crack them after we returned. The weather was mild (60ish) and a lovely contrast from the cold week we've been having.

So there's our--in retrospect, not terribly boring--week. In other news, in case you missed this article circling the blogosphere, I am *not* one of the Mormon mommy bloggers profiled in this article. Which isn't really surprising, considering that I don't have an elegant retro house, kids who could walk off a baby-Gap add, or spend my time crafting and scrapbooking. (Not there is anything wrong with any of those things, mind you.) Oh, and I suppose the wee fact that my readership numbers in the tens rather than the thousands might have something to do with that!

1 comment:

SRA said...

We privileged few. ;)