This afternoon, as we were driving to the grocery store, Andrew suddenly exclaimed, "There's Bubby's favorite!!"
A little confused (thinking of Bubby's favorite flower, tulips), I asked, "What's Bubby's favorite?"
"There! The 'Merican flag! That's what she likes!"
Indeed, Andrew, I think that's what most of us like.
***
We had another compelling example of Andrew logic this morning. I told Andrew, "It's time to turn off the TV."
"Why?" (A perennial favorite of small children, especially Andrew).
"Because it's not good for your brain to watch too much TV."
A pause. "But my brain feels like it needs to see more shows."
2 comments:
A note of explanation. When we visited you all last, we drove Andrew up to Auntie Sarah's while you and Dan were getting yourselves and Evelyn ready. On the way, to pass the time, we started pointing out the giant American flags along the interstate in the Sandy-Midvale-Murray corridor. Pretty soon, he was spotting them first. I guess that translates to Bubby's favorite.
Andrew, sometimes my brain feels like it needs to see some more shows, too. I'll have to remember that one.
Post a Comment