Sunday, June 23, 2013

Solstice

We've been enjoying the middle of June, with its temperate weather.

Dan started the week recovering from his surgery of last week (he seems to be doing much better). On Wednesday, we went back to my mom's house. Andrew and Evelyn spent the afternoon romping with cousins Brielle and Joshua, who'd spent the night at Grandma's house. We took them to a splash pad where they got soaked and loved it.

Friday night, Dan and I managed to have a date for the first time in a long time. We saw Star Trek: Into Darkness and really enjoyed it. (I think Dan may be one of the few people out there who knew nothing about the big secret of the villain's identity, so he was able to enjoy the movie as it was meant to be experienced). I think I could watch and enjoy just about anything Benedict Cumberbatch was in. (I love the BBC's Sherlock).

Yesterday, we celebrated Enoch and Oliver's birthdays together with a party at a park/splash pad in Spanish Fork. Jared and his kids were there, along with Jeni and her family and my parents. We're looking forward to the end of the summer when Justin and his girls can come play too.

But the biggest happening of this week is Oliver: he can officially crawl now. And he is officially a menace, getting into anything he can reach and trying to eat everything. Especially paper. He loves paper. It's a good thing he's so cute, because I think life is about to get very busy.

No comments: