I have approximately 13 minutes until Downton Abbey starts, so I'll have to write fast.
(Now you know where my priorities are).
We've had a lovely final week of vacation--tomorrow it's back to reality (and to healthier eating habits . . . )
We spent the first part of the week up north with my family. We got to open more Christmas presents (last Friday) and hang out with lots of cousins.
New Year's Eve we spent the afternoon with Sarah and gang. Bubby and Poppy even put in an appearance, and we enjoyed some cheesy fondue and salad. Dan and I spent the evening playing some rousing hands of pinochle with my parents (I think we each won a hand). None of us made it till midnight, party animals that we are.
One of the highlights for my kids was sledding on New Year's Day at my sister's place--her father-in-law constructed a cool sledding hill and the kids were thrilled. However, since I hadn't packed with sledding in mind, we also had makeshift snow outfits: mismatched gloves, too-big gloves, rain boots (Andrew's had flowers on him, which embarrassed him no end. But he still wore them). And no snow pants. By the end, my two were very wet and cold. But also very happy. So I guess it was worth it.
We spent the last half of the week trying to recover--and putting up a bunkbed in Andrew's room, which he now shares with Evelyn. So far, they seem to be doing pretty well with the room sharing. Much as I hated (at times) having to share a room with my sister growing up, I think it was great preparation for being an adult (roommates, mission companions, my husband), so I'm glad my kids get to experience it. I do know that their room is going to be a lot messier now that there are more toys in it.
We also set up the crib, but to be honest, I'm having a hard time with the idea of moving Oliver out of our room (where he's been for five months). You'd think that with each child, I'd be quicker to move them out, but instead the reverse has happened. Poor Andrew only got a month with us before I decided we'd sleep better with him in the next room. Evelyn had a few more months. And now Oliver has had almost half a year. In any case, I think we will move him into the other room this week--he's big enough that I think he'll be more comfortable in the crib than the pack n play. Probably warmer too, since the "nursery" doesn't have two outside walls like our room does. I'm still having a hard time with it.
So. 2013. Last year was an interesting year for our family--equal parts delight and drudgery. We'll see what this year brings!
Ooh, and look--four whole minutes to spare. :)
1 comment:
hehe
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment