Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Blahs

We don't have much to say this week, but we're posting regardless because, well, this is what we do on Sunday nights.

It has been bitterly cold here the last few days. I went to a meeting at church this morning with wet hair and it froze within minutes of getting out of the car. Also, we have started driving to church (which is sort of ridiculous given how close we live), but I refuse to make my children--esp. my baby--walk in single digit temperatures.

Our ward got a new bishop today, which is sad and exciting at the same time. The new bishopric will do great--but it's a little sobering because all the members are within a few years of our age, which means we are officially grown up. When did that happen?

School started this week for the kids--and both of them seem to enjoy being back.

Oliver is, well, drooling a lot. I'm not sure I'm ready to enter the teething universe. Other than that, he's still generally fat and happy and blows darling drool bubbles.

I've started a pseudo diet. It's not really a diet, because I'm nursing--I'm just trying to be more mindful of what I eat, limit my carbohydrate intake, and avoid sugar most days of the week (I need a cheat day if I'm going to make this work). So far, it seems to be working. I'm back to pre-baby weight. (Not that this is a particularly impressive weight, but at least I'm not still *fatter* than before I started). I figure if I post this publicly, I may have more accountability.

How's this for a totally random, disjointed post?

1 comment:

SRA said...

Nice job with the consciousness 'diet'. :)