On Wednesday, Oliver hit his 7-month birthday. It still surprises me sometimes to think that we've had him for so long. He's disrupted our lives--but in the best possible way. We sure like him.
Once again, for comparison purpose: Oliver at 2 months--and again at 7. Someone at church today told Dan that he could tell we'd been feeding the baby meat (we haven't, in case that's not clear!)--he was gaining weight so nicely. He's also much more interactive with Eeyore.
This is one of my very favorite Oliver faces--that funny tucked-in smile of his.
The other celebration was mine--I had a birthday! We didn't do much on my actual birthday, but we've been having fun this weekend. In fact, Oliver clearly didn't get the memo about my birthday, because I wrestled with him all afternoon trying to get him to nap (well, for two + hours anyway). It was painful. It made for a tired, cranky baby and a tired, cranky mama.
Saturday, we took everyone down to SG. We took the kids to Golden Corral for breakfast, which delighted Andrew. (He's been begging to go for months). We didn't let them eat gummy bears, which they always want to do (I'm not sure I understand why the dessert bar is open for breakfast--I saw kids eating cotton candy and kids eating sundaes and it was just past 9 in the morning. I'm all for sugar now and again, but that early? Yuck). But Andrew sure managed to pack in a lot of other food. Oliver slept through most of breakfast, which was fine with all concerned.
The rest of the day rotated around shopping and food. Dan let me get out for a while to shop hands-free (my main birthday request)--so of course I mostly bought clothes for the kids. We had lunch at the Black Bear Diner and then took the kids to the park. (Well, Dan took them to the park and I went to Kohls). Lest you think that Dan was used too hardly during the day, I took charge of the kids so Dan could go to Harmon's, and he got in a showing of the Hobbit while I put the kids to bed.
We're looking forward to tomorrow--fee free day at the parks. We're going to take Oliver hiking (or walking, most likely) for the first time. Wish us luck!
1 comment:
I hope you had a great birthday, Rosalyn! And whenever I go shopping, I always buy for my kids too!
Post a Comment