This post will be mostly pictures, since I currently lack the energy for lots of words, courtesy of a stomach flu bug my son (Andrew) graciously gave to me. On the other hand, Andrew suffered through it on his birthday (Christmas Eve), so I guess we're even!
Last Monday we let the kids do family home evening, so they retold the Christmas story using the strangest assortment of toys: Evelyn's Belle doll was Mary. The wise men included the king pig (from Angry Birds) and a penguin; the donkey was really a puppy, and the angel was a sea horse. There was also a triceratops, but I don't remember what it's role was. Dan and I couldn't stop giggling.
Andrew celebrated his 7th birthday with friends last week, at the local aquatic center. We decided this was easier for all involved, since trying to do the kind of party I've done in the past was beyond my abilities with a baby. Bubby graciously took Oliver while the rest of us swam, but she may have regretted it since Oliver cried most of the time before finally falling asleep.
Saturday, the kids got dressed up for a lovely tea party at Bubby's
house; Dan and I used the time to clean house and get ready for company
on Sunday.
On Sunday, we (finally) blessed our
sweet baby. Grandma made him a darling blessing outfit out of scraps
from a wedding dress she made a few years ago. We were grateful to have so many family in attendance: my parents, Bubby and Poppy, Sarah and her family. We missed those who weren't there, but we understand about distance, weather, and illness.
We had a lovely Christmas (aside from the illness! luckily, no one was sick on Christmas itself). I took lots of pictures, but none of them turned out well, so you'll have to use your imagination. The kids were thrilled with their gifts and even more thrilled to play with cousins and eat lots of good food. We had the chance to visit Dan's Aunt Karen and Uncle Phil, and they always put on a good spread. Trisha made filet mignon and twice baked potatoes for Christmas night, so we had plenty of good things to eat that day! (And then, of course, I got sick, so I made up for all the calories consumed on Christmas . . . the only good thing about the stomach flu, I think.)
We hope all our readers (you few, you happy few . . .) had a lovely holiday as well. Preferably sans sickness . . .
1 comment:
Got a little sick after breakfast on Christmas Eve and that persisted for a few days, but I was still able to eat the traditional brown flour potato soup for Christmas dinner, then lasagna on Christmas...and ham sandwiches from the Honey Baked Ham my mom got as a gift. So...didn't really suffer much. Cute pics. Glad you had a nice Christmas!
Post a Comment