Monday, July 20, 2009

Tooting my own horn

Since I've been posting a lot about myself recently, I may as well add one more thing:

I found out a few days ago that I won the 2009 RSA dissertation award. (That's Rhetoric Society of America, for you non rhet/comp folk). Not bad, considering I finished and defended the dissertation while I was pregnant with Evelyn! And no, if you were wondering, it doesn't come with any money. But still an honor, nonetheless.

3 comments:

bluestocking mama said...

that's wonderful, rosalyn! what an honor! i still really want to read your dissertation . . .

S. said...

I was already impressed with the jungle drawings, but then you had to go and up the ante. Congratulations--pretend there was prize money and spend some.

cristie said...

What wonderful news! And what a great honor. I love the wall paintings, too! They remind me of the immortal bulldog at PHS. You are extremely talented. Of course, that's no secret, but I thought it couldn't hurt to be said again. : )