Last night, Andrew was so hungry that he didn't wait for anyone else to sit at the table before saying his own prayer. Then, not unnaturally, he protested when we told him we would need to say another prayer after everyone sat down, saying that we weren't supposed to pray all the time. I suppose I have to admit I was feeling a little facetious; I told Andrew, "In the scriptures, Jesus says that we're supposed to 'pray always.'" Andrew said, "No, that's not what Jesus said. He said we only have to pray once in a while. That's what he said."
***
Andrew must have been on a roll yesterday. In the car on our way to visit my sister, he told me a couple of things that made me laugh, so I thought I'd pass them on.
First, he asked me why we lived at grandma's house. I explained that we wanted to save money for a house, so we didn't want to pay rent on an apartment.
"What's an appomo?" He asked.
"Apartment."
"Apamotat?"
"Apartment." Finally, after three or four tries, he got it.
"Mommy! You shouldn't say that word."
"Why not?"
"Because you might confuse people."
Almost immediately afterward, when I was telling him we'd have macaroni and cheese for lunch at Jeni's house, he said, "Oh good! I only like food that doesn't have cheese in it."
No comments:
Post a Comment