After the excitement of last week, it was a nice change to spend most of the week at home (some of this, of course, was enforced by frequent snowfalls and the need to let our checkbook recover from last week's extravaganza). Unfortunately, this means we don't have much of interest to report.
One of Andrew's new favorite activities is shoveling the sidewalk with his mommy and grandma (and he got lots of practice this week--it snowed measurable amounts pretty much every other day). Of course, this usually means that he tries to use one of the snow shovels for approximately thirty seconds, then exchanges the snow shovel for my mom's gardening shovels and diggers (which invariably get lost in the snow). Also, he hasn't quite got the idea that we're shoveling snow *off* the sidewalks--he often shovels snow off the piles back onto the sidewalk. I finally broke down and got him his own shovel (a plastic kid's shovel at Target) and he was in heaven. Now the snow piles along the sidewalk all have little pock-marks in them, courtesy of Andrew.
We did get out a few times this week. We went to the Bean Museum on BYU campus one day and Andrew had fun running around and looking at all of the (stuffed) animals. I have to admit that I find all the mounted heads just a little bit creepy, but it gives us a chance to work on identifying animals (Andrew unerringly identified the caribou, zebras, hippopotamus, and rhinoceros, among others).
On Friday, we watched my friend Karin's little boy, Ezra, while his parents had an appointment on campus. Ezra was a little alarmed at being left here, but was quickly pacified when we put in Finding Nemo. Andrew actually watched some of the movie with Ezra, and then spent the rest of the morning being alternately solicitous of Ezra's comforts ("Ezra wants some fruit snacks") and possessive of his toys ("No, it's my horsie!"). And he's spent the rest of the weekend telling us that "they find Nemo." At least he got that much out of the movie. Karin and Mat came by after the appointment for lunch and I got to admire their new baby, Nolan (approximately one month old).
That evening, we had an unexpected opportunity to play games with some old friends from PA, Natalie and Corrie Nichol, who were in town for the weekend (they emailed us Friday morning just before leaving). We had a lot of fun catching up with them (Natalie is expecting again in March, apparently, and since we were both pregnant there was a little more labor and delivery talk than Dan normally likes to listen to). We also played a fabulous game called Ticket to Ride, a game we would recommend to anyone who's a fan of games like Settlers of Cataan, etc. I lost pretty spectacularly, but it was still fun.
Saturday afternoon we headed up to Salt Lake to play games and hang out with Jared and Mitcee, who have finally finished moving into their new house. We got to watch the amusing spectacle of my parents competing against each other on the Wii (riding cows, of all things), ate too much pizza, and enjoyed spending time with my family (Jeni and Samuel were also there with their kids). I also had the chance to go "shopping"--much to my delight and Dan's chagrin--since Mitcee gave me the chance to go through their baby girl clothes, etc., and take home what I'd like. Since Jeni also told me I could have Emi's old clothes, and Sarah has said much the same thing, this baby will definitely not lack for clothing! (Not that this will keep me--or my mom--from buying at least a few thing).
We do have a few pictures from the week, which we'll post shortly (I hope). But now, it's time for Andrew's bath, so I will close for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment