Thursday, February 14, 2008

on babies and shots

I had a funny conversation with Andrew the other day while I was changing his diaper that I thought I'd share (the conversation, not the diaper changing!). To distract him while I was changing him, I handed him a little cookie monster shot that's part of a Sesame Street medicine kit. Andrew immediately pulled up his shirt and said, "I need a shot in my belly." (For those of you who don't know, I'm on heparin shots twice daily for the pregnancy--thus the belly shot.) I explained that mommy has to have shots because of the baby, so Andrew followed up his announcement with: "I need a shot for my baby sister in my belly." Poor kid. He was so pleased with himself that I didn't have the heart to explain that his baby sister is NOT in his belly (nor is she ever likely to be!).

No comments: