Sunday, February 21, 2016

February doldrums

We had a wonderful time on president's day--we joined Bubby and Poppy in SG. Dan and I went to the temple in the morning (and narrowly made it into the session, which was so full they had to add a few chairs). After lunch at Alfredo's (formerly Alberto's), we went up to Pioneer Park and let the kids loose in the rocks.





 

Andrew was fearless--so was Oliver, which was terrifying. The kids decided to climb up through a crevice in the rock.



(I know, Evelyn looks thrilled).


Oliver and I intended to wait for everyone at the bottom, while Dan went with them, but Dan was too big to fit after a certain point, so he came out to get the car and Oliver and I tried to climb up to meet the kids at the top. By the time we found a way up that was safe for a 3 yo and nearly 40 yo, we were too late (though I didn't know this at the time): Andrew and Evelyn had already climbed back down. I eventually spotted Andrew, but it took us a little while to reconnect with everyone. Luckily, by then everyone had had enough fun and we headed home (by way of Sees, of course).

The rest of the week slumped in comparison--not just because the kids gave Dan and I their crud and so we were sick for most of it. I had all three kids home on Thursday, though it quickly became clear that Andrew and Evelyn weren't *really* sick. It was a long day. Thankfully, we're doing better now--just in time for a new week!

No comments: