This week started with a big snow storm--enough for the school district to cancel school for the first time in 60 plus years, and the university followed suit (though not, unfortunately, before Dan had started his 7 am class with 7 of the 40 registered students).
That day was slow and leisurely--the kids insisted on going outside as soon as it stopped snowing but only stayed for 30 minutes or so. But we spent the rest of the week scrambling to catch up on classes and life.
Evelyn tried out for--but did not make--the Playmakers play for this year (this is the company that she played the frog for last year). I was a little disappointed for her until I realized this means no rehearsals--also the troupe is 1/3 the size it was last year because they're only doing traveling performances at the schools this year.
Dan had a roundtable dinner on Thursday with Bubby and Poppy, while I had writer's group at the house.
Other noteworthy things: Dan spent all day Saturday on campus helping with a robotics competition. The kids and I (mostly me) made Valentines for their school classes.
For Oliver's preschool:
For Evelyn (not recommended: the flashlights are cute, but several of them didn't work and now we're hoping the new batch arrives on time!)
Andrew's animal squirt toys. He thought the "Hey Squirt!" was funny. (He was less amused when I offered to put "Love, Andrew" on them--he was mortified, in fact!)
Andrew wielding the enormous icicle from our roof.
More from the drawing project for Bubby:
No comments:
Post a Comment