A good week. The cold, drizzly weather threatening midweek didn't hold through the weekend and Halloween was, all expectations to the contrary, nice enough for the kids to go out in their planned costumes without too much extra layering. Hooray!
I turned in my round two edits late Monday night--it was a relief to finish that round, though we're still far from done. (For those wondering, I may have another round of content edits, depending on how well my editor thinks I did this round, then copy edits, where another editor goes through looking at grammar and usage, then first pages pass, when I get actual proofs of the book with pages laid out like they're supposed to appear, and then an advanced review copy, which looks like an actual paperback book but isn't final copy yet. Whew. No wonder this thing won't be out for a while!)
It was a good thing I finished early, because then Oliver got sick (croup, again) and I got very little done midweek while he stayed home sick. He missed dressing up for preschool, which made me sad but I don't think he cared much (or even realized it was happening).
Saturday started bright and early with chores: winterizing the yard, cleaning kitchen cupboards, etc. But in the afternoon we took the kids to a Halloween activity at the hospital where they got to walk around the trail outside and stop at various stations to get candy and other goodies. Then home for a quick dinner, and then the real business of Halloween: trick-or-treating!
We went to a few homes on our street, and then, for the first time ever, let Andrew trick or treat with friends instead of with us. (He went to Bubby and Poppy's neighborhood instead of ours). We swapped him out for his friend's younger sister, so one of Evelyn's friends came with us, and we joined up with a third friend mid route.
Oliver cracked me up. He kept running so fast to keep up with the others and his bag was so heavy (for him) that he fell over about two dozen times. Every time, he popped up, "I'm okay," and scurried after the others. He even knew how to say "pterodactyl" which impressed a few people. I brought the stroller, but we only used it at the beginning and the end--Evelyn's third friend had a younger brother with her, and he took it on himself to "be the boss of" Oliver, to their mutual satisfaction (the other kid is the youngest of five, so I think he enjoyed having someone smaller around). In any case, everyone seemed to sleep well!
No comments:
Post a Comment