God's grace is a funny thing--it's ever-present, but I think sometimes we miss it until we need it, and then find it's always been right there.
The last couple of weeks have been hard for me for varying reasons. Thursday, I was asked to speak in church today along with the rest of the primary presidency, on finding peace through the Atonement. As president, I got to go last. My counselors gave wonderful talks on finding peace through repentance and forgiveness. And I--well, I felt prompted to focus more on the way the Atonement heals the daily heart-aches of life. So I did. And I cried--as I'd cried every time I tried to work on the talk. (I still can't think about that talk without weeping). But I also felt the spirit, and I remembered that God loves me (all of us) despite of our brokenness.
So that's really the main thing I want to say today: God loves us, and he knows what we're feeling, even in our darkest hours, and his love and faith are always there for us.
Anyway.
Jared and Mitcee came down to visit on Friday with their kids and we had a lot of fun just hanging out: playing games, watching the kids run around the park (or chasing the kids around the park, if you're Jared), walking/hiking up the canyon creek trail (and seeing the deer leg at the side of the trail), and taking them to some of our favorite restaurants in town (Bruno's and Brick House). They got to stay just long enough to see me cry in church (lucky them!). It was wonderful having them--and we're glad we don't have to wait long to see them again!
(This is Joshua, rolling down the hill after our "hike"):
Oliver, especially, was smitten:
The rest of the week was pretty average school/work stuff. One piece of news--still mulling over how I feel about it: my publisher decided to push my book back from Fall 2016 to early winter/spring 2017. My editor explained that they want my book to have a chance to stand out and felt it would be competing against too many big fantasy trilogies that Random House is releasing in Fall 2016. Part of me is disappointed--I have to wait longer, I won't be published before I'm 40 (lame, I know, but part of the sting), lots of people who sold their books after me will be published before me. On the other hand, both my agent and editor think it will be a good thing as it will give us more time to build buzz pre-release. And it will give me time to get the other books in the series written before this comes out!
To round things off, here's a picture of Oliver from preschool a week or so ago. He got the mustache as he was leaving school but didn't like it--he wanted to take it off as soon as we got home (thus why he's still in his coat). I think he's cute--looks a bit like a baby Tom Selleck.
No comments:
Post a Comment