Sunday, September 06, 2015

Back to Reality


My baby started preschool this week, and he never looked back. He was so thrilled to go to school and wear a backpack like the big kids.



And of course, I got back to the house to find I'd locked myself out. I had to walk up to campus and find Dan and get his keys. Needless to say, one of my errands this week was to Home Depot for a new spare copy.

Not much else to say about our week: Evelyn started gymnastics. The kids went to school. I tried to write (mostly this meant reworking my outline and giving feed back to other writers).

This was Oliver at dinner a couple nights ago when we didn't let him say the prayer. He didn't stop crying until I videotaped him and he wanted to see the picture.


We celebrated Dan's FAAR (Faculty Annual Activity Report)/ tenure packet submission on Tuesday with dinner at the Ninja. We've got our order down to a science, and the waitress didn't have to ask to know that the three miso soups were for the kids.


We spent several nights this week and last assembling these for the backyard. The aeroplane was harder than it looks. There may have been cusswords involved.

And the reason I didn't post last week? I spent the weekend at a professional writing retreat in Missouri, in the Ozarks, learning lots about plot structure and marketing. It was fun, but I was glad to come home to my kids.






No comments: