A lot of this week was spent gearing up towards the university's Homecoming. Dan got put in charge of a float for the college of science, and when his student volunteers didn't show up to help with the banners, he conscripted me.
So this is what I accomplished on Friday while Dan watched Oliver--because a 3 year old is hardly helpful when you need to paint precise lines. (a 20 ft banner reading "ReDVOLuTiON" with chemical symbols)
Saturday ended up being a little complicated. Dan had to leave early for the parade, and I had inadvertently scheduled a primary inservice meeting at the same time--and didn't realize the mistake until it was too late to change it. So I took the kids to a kind neighbor who was going to the parade with her family, then had a lovely meeting with some of our teachers. (Next year, I'll have to make sure this doesn't happen: last year the primary program practice was the same time as the parade).
We had a little mix-up with the kids: I'd talked to Dan about picking them up, and he'd agreed, but then the end of the parade got crazy and he had to do other things, so when he showed up without the kids, I panicked a little. (I knew where they were, I just felt badly for our neighbor who was waiting on the parade route for someone to show up). We got it worked out, the kids were fine--if hyped up on candy.
Then we had a chance to go to our cousin Vince's baptism (actually, second cousin; Dan's cousin Tony's oldest). It was a lovely service for him and his cousin, and afterward we had pizza and fruit salad and cupcakes and brownies in the pavilion near the church.
In other news, everyone seems to be healthy and relatively happy. Even the goldfish Evelyn won two weeks ago at a school party (named Cyclops because he only has one eye) is still amazingly alive.
And, just because he's cute, here's Oliver trying to make an angry face to go along with the book we were reading (I don't think he knows how):
No comments:
Post a Comment