Sunday, January 25, 2015

Surviving on love

This last week was pretty busy, but nothing super extraordinary.

Monday, we took advantage of the national parks fee free day and went to Zion. I didn't get pictures, so you'll have to imagine the blue, blue sky and the mild weather. And Oliver stopping every five feet to feel the sand on the trail. We hiked the lower emerald pool trail, then Kayenta, and had bread and cheese at the End.

Andrew is back in scouts and, now that he's a bear, the day of the week has shifted so he can go to Tae Kwon Do on Wednesdays again, which he seems happy about. I'm hoping some of the discipline will rub off on him.

Dan has been busy with work and serving on a hiring committee, but he did get to go to an Arts Insight program with a former chemistry professor. He said he wasn't sure what the audience made of all the chemistry (it was part of the Arts program), but he enjoyed it.

Oliver got to have a playdate this week (read: I needed a babysitter while I had an appointment on campus), and he was so excited to play with a friend, he spent the rest of the day telling me about it. Apparently, I need to get him out more.

Evelyn continues to be her charming self, though none of the big appointments this week were hers.

As for me, I'm still trying to keep on top of parenting, teaching, and writing. This week I had both book group and my writers group, so I got in extra socializing. (As an introvert, sometimes I forget that I do like being around other people--as long as they are people I like!).

I'm wishing I had something more interesting to write about.

Oliver continues to charm us with his language. This week's money line was, "Mommy, that's a helicopter flying!"

And he's learned from someone (I think Andrew) that the response to "No," is "Oh, why not?" in this plaintive voice that cracks me up every single time.

No comments: