At naptime today, he told me all about the story we were reading: Mama, him hafta go potty. Mama, him friends wait for him. (He's still working on pronouns, obviously).
And he sings the alphabet song, from start to finish. It's pretty adorable, but he won't let anyone sing with him. And when I try to catch him on camera, he wants to see the film as soon as he notices what he's doing. That hasn't stopped me from trying, though, so here's this week's attempt (you also get the very real ambience of Evelyn yelling at Andrew in the background):
There isn't a whole lot to report: we survived the first week of classes (I survived despite my persistent cold), I got an ear infection on top of said cold, and the weather here as warmed even as the Eastern part of the US has plummeted.
Andrew got to go to a basketball game with his friend last night, where he saw Bubby and Poppy and generally had a great time. I took Evelyn to see Into the Woods--a major parenting fail, because even though I knew the basic plot, I underestimated how scary the second half would be on the big screen (there's a big difference between a film production and a stage production, I found). I still enjoyed it, but I felt badly that she clearly did not.
No comments:
Post a Comment