This week was a little quieter in terms of family activity than most. The kids went to school, Dan went to work, I responded to student essays, Oliver made messes. Pretty typical.
I got to go see Meet the Mormons with the Young Men/Young Women this week and enjoyed it much more than I had expected--it was thoughtful, interesting, and not especially didactic.
This weekend, Dan and Andrew went to the ward cleanup while Oliver, Evelyn and I attempted to clean our house. I managed to get the basement clean--and now it looks worse than ever, since Oliver promptly undid all our work almost as soon as I'd vacuumed.
Dan took the kids to see Hero 6. Evelyn loved it; Andrew is still deciding what he thinks (he was a little traumatized by parts). It never ceases to amaze me how Andrew can be so boisterous one minute and so sensitive the next.
Speaking of Andrew, we got some good news about the school reflections contest, but since that hasn't officially been announced yet, I'll wait and post that next week.
Also, in the spirit of true confession, I spent the middle part of the week a little distracted because of something called Pitch Wars (if you want to know more, follow the link). This week was the agent round, which meant literary agents were reading over the pitches and first pages and commenting if they wanted to see more. And well, this happened. I spent a day or two in a bit of a daze. I realize that just because they liked the first page doesn't mean they'll like the whole novel. But it's a step toward a goal I've had for over twenty five years.
No comments:
Post a Comment