Sunny and frigid today, a layer of snow on the ground.
Oliver stayed home from church today, thanks to yet another bout of croup. Dan and I got to alternate, which freaked out the children who hadn't gotten the memo that we were switching and had tried, fruitlessly, to find Dan when I was the sole parent at church.
This has been a pretty quiet week. School, work, activities (cub scouts, Young Women), etc.
Andrew has been taking charge of breakfast on a few occasions (his idea, not mine), which sometimes results in nutella and toast for breakfast. Not that the other kids have complained.
On Tuesday, the kids' school had a lovely assembly to honor veterans and, incidentally, recognize the winners for the school's Reflections contest. Andrew won in two categories: literature and music composition. (He really was happier than he looks in these pictures).
His best friend from school was the other winner in music composition for 3-5th grades. I don't think they intended to dress alike. But I'm glad Andrew has a good friend who challenges him academically. (Also, you'll notice the same little girl standing by Andrew in both pictures. The little girl in pink is the sister of the girl in the red polka-dot skirt from the first picture. I think their parents must have helped them enter every category, because all three girls ended up with a fistful of medallions. I'm a little worried, because I think Andrew might have ambitions for next year).
Yesterday, we got to help clean our ward building. It's not my favorite thing to do, especially with children, but I'm grateful for the opportunity because it reminds me to appreciate how much work goes into keeping the building nice. And I was happy to see Evelyn put so much dedication into working--she stayed with me until the bitter end. (Dan had to take the boys home early; Oliver was done).
Perhaps to liven things up, she had her very own 80s themed dance party while Dan worked on dinner.
I think she might be trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment