We did *not* celebrate "May the Fourth" as many other people did, by watching Star Wars. Instead, Dan went to graduation, and that afternoon/evening, we went to the baptism of a good friend and neighbor (well, his parents' are friends of ours; he's a friend of Andrew's) and then enjoyed a nacho bar with our neighbors.
We've finally gotten some lovely mild spring days; earlier this week I let Evelyn and Oliver play outside with a bowl of water while we waited for Andrew to come home from school. Of course, it took all of thirty seconds for Oliver to figure out how to lift the bowl and dump it all over himself, but I got some lovely pictures.
Thursday afternoon was Andrew's first grade program. Andrew participated enthusiastically. And smiled at me every time I lifted up the camera. I think it's interesting--as he grows, he starts looking (I think) more and more like his dad. Although he still looks a lot like me as a kid, minus the red hair, and you know, girl clothes.
The latter part of the week involved a whirl-wind trip up north where I was to participate in a book signing at Women's Conference. Accordingly, I went, and my parents watched Evelyn and Oliver (Andrew stayed home with his dad). The signing went okay--we didn't have the crowds we'd had earlier, which sort of surprised me, since I figured Women's Conference would be an ideal market for the book. On the other hand, I did see a couple of old friends (from high school, from my London study abroad), so it was worth the trip for those reasons alone. However I've decided I do not like traveling solo--Oliver has decided he doesn't like long car trips, so he cried for close to an hour each way . . .
While I was gone, Dan let Bubby shave Andrew's head. Of course, he had my blessing, but this will still take some getting used to!
1 comment:
I love his hair cut! He looks more grown up.
Post a Comment