Dan bought me a new camera for mother's day (all my complaints about the old one must have worked!). This post represents its maiden voyage--let us know what you think of the new pictures!
This last week was a little crazy. Dan spent the week in Phoenix, at the International Science Fair, enjoying some good food and the students' enthusiasm for science. From what he's described, there were some pretty amazing projects there (the winning student, from Romania (?) designed an energy-efficient car with 3-D vision technology). In any case, he came back enthusiastic about working with the university's science fair next year, so I call that a win.
Because he was gone, my mom came down to spend the week with us. It was so nice to have her here, not just because having another grownup was a bonus. But my mom almost single-handedly whipped our yard and garden into shape. Now we actually *have* a garden (planted and everything). We just need to not kill it.
Otherwise, the week was pretty standard; Oliver and Evelyn spent the week recovering from last weekend's sicknesses (Oliver still isn't 100%). But he's cute, so we forgive him the broken nights' sleep.
My last post mentioned Oliver's new tooth. If you look closely, you can see it breaking through the surface here (upper left).
This past Thursday also marked Oliver's eleven-month birthday. So here's the obligatory Eeyore picture (at 2 months, and on Friday). Time has a weird way of telescoping with small children; it's been an eternity and no time at all. Apparently I'm still not over the trauma of his birth: we watched the latest episode of Call the Midwife tonight, where one of the characters has a placenta abruption, and I almost couldn't watch it.
I know mother's are supposed to be partial, but I love this face: those big eyes and that funny little tucked in mouth.
Dan came home with souvenirs from the Phoenix Zoo. Andrew bonded with his (a king snake). Evelyn is also enamored of hers, a pink and purple giraffe with a sparkly purple hair bow. Her favorite part is something Dan unfortunately didn't realize until he got it home: it makes the world's most obnoxious giraffe call.
Some final updates for the week. I tried feeding Oliver an actual banana this week (not mashed up or otherwise pureed), and with his emerging tooth to give him purchase (and scraping power) he loved it.
It's still pretty stinking cute.
2 comments:
I have to say, he is pretty steady in his seated position. He has certainly made giant strides in the past few months.
I agree, he is one cute (and sweet) little friend.
Love that first pic--his eyes are gorgeous
Post a Comment