This week was a particularly busy one for Andrew. On Monday he had a back-to-school bash (which really means lots of tired parents and energetic children flocking to the schoolyard for carnival-type activities with cheap prizes). He and Evelyn enjoyed it immensely. I think Dan was glad he had an excuse to stay home with Oliver.
On Thursday Andrew had another soccer game. They didn't win, but Andrew seemed to enjoy it (by report--Dan went; I didn't). I will be very glad when the soccer season ends. When I signed him up, I didn't plan on having a preemie who couldn't go to public places for a while (although I'm not sure what I thought I was going to do with a newborn).
And on Friday, Andrew had his first field-trip of first grade: they went to Cedar Breaks for a day-long fieldtrip. I thought Andrew would be excited about it, but he was more nervous than anything beforehand. Afterwards, when I asked him how it went, he complained that he fell asleep on the bus and the kids pushed him out of his seat, they hike was too long, his sandwich fell in the dirt and he couldn't get a replacement, and he spilled his chocolate milk. Dan suggested we start calling him Eeyore (he certainly sounded like that).
He also enjoyed snuggling with the baby.
Evelyn continues to enjoy preschool. Her mom enjoys trying to get in some naptime while she's at preschool.
Oliver had a doctor's appointment on Friday. I made Dan come with me as I knew in advance that this particular appointment would involve some tears (it did). So Dan sat with the baby and I sat in the waiting room and was very glad when it was all over. All of us are recovering well from the physical and emotional trauma.
And Dan and I? Dan graciously watched the kids on Saturday so I could go to a writing workshop with Jeni, which I very much enjoyed--even while wondering when I'll get full use of my brain cells back so that I can write something decent.
Today is also Oliver's three month birthday. I'll try to post more pictures soon.
2 comments:
Hmm, I went to a writing conference on Saturday, too. Yours wasn't in Park City, was it?
If so, how did I miss you? That would be too bad if we were in the same place and just didn't manage to run into each other.
Sorry the appointment involved tears. Love the pics of Andrew snuggling Oliver--he looks so peaceful!
Post a Comment