Sunday, August 05, 2012

A Big Week

This has been a busy week. Obviously, we had a big homecoming this week. (Here are some long-over-due pictures).

This first was taken while we were still in the hospital. Evelyn loves her brother--she's particularly fascinated about the technical workings of breast-feeding. I'm still waiting for her to start nursing her dolly, like Andrew did when she was born.


 Oliver in the car on the way home. He looks slightly demented, but I think that's what happens when you still don't have full control of your motor skills.


 My first and my newest babies. Andrew looks like such a big-kid here--or maybe it's just the contrast with his tiny brother.


This is a face that we see a lot of when Oliver's awake. The big eyes, wrinkled brow and fierce concentration. Of course, he's only awake for a few minutes at a time, so we have to treasure it when we can. (Oliver gets a few bottles of high-calorie milk, enhanced by high calorie formula, each day to help him gain a little weight. As of Friday, at his follow-up visit with the pediatrician, he hadn't gained any weight for four days--had, in fact, lost weight, so we're trying to make sure he gets all the calories he can right now).

I got to have one last hurrah before we took Oliver home. My mom bought tickets to Aladdin at Tuacahn quite some time ago for herself, me, Evelyn, and my niece. Originally, the tickets were for sometime in June--and then Oliver was born and it wasn't feasible for me to go (I think it was the day after I got out of the hospital), so she rescheduled. And wouldn't you know it, we got caught by Monsoon season. With 6 acts left in the second half, we got rained out. However, the girls enjoyed what they did see. I thought it was fun--but the version at Disney's California Adventure is better.




2 comments:

Megan, John and kids said...

Wow, what a tiny boy. I hope all those calories help him put on weight. I'm glad that the older two are helping out and loving the baby. Good luck!

kristine N said...

Wow, he looks like a little doll. I'm so glad he and you are safe and home with family. I hope he gains weight quickly and stays healthy!