Oliver would now be considered "full term"--but in that irony of preemie babies, he'll actually be two months old this week. Weird.
People keep asking how we're doing. The short answer? We're good.
The slightly longer answer: I think we're going through the honeymoon period with the baby. Mostly he eats, then sleeps some more. He's not ever awake for very long (except, of course, at 3 a.m. when I can't get him to give up that elusive burp and he won't sleep until it comes out). It helps, of course, that Dan has been home this last week to help with kids and to let me sleep a little extra in the mornings to compensate for getting up multiple times during the night to feed the baby. Ask me again when he has to go back to work!
We even managed to get out a little this week: Dan and I alternated taking the kids to the aquatic center. Andrew also had a couple of soccer games this week. So far (3 games in), his team has yet to win a game, but at least they're trying. (It didn't help, in one of their games, that the other team was mostly 2nd graders and Andrew's team is all 1st graders with one kindergartner. That one year meant that the other team had a good 2 inches on them in height, and, correspondingly, ran a lot faster.)
1 comment:
We are doing the same thing with Baby A. People ask how old she is, when I say five months, they give me a weird look. I sometimes follow up with a "She's a preemie, so technically she's 2 months old."
I;m so grateful and happy for you that Oliver is doing so well!!!
Post a Comment