Some weeks feel like they're a lot about survival. This was one of those weeks (partly, if I can be frank, because I'm still working through the hormonal aftermath of having a baby!).
My mom took the kids with her to spend another week with their cousins. They saw Brave, went swimming, played with Sarah's kids and Jeni's kids, and generally enjoyed being spoiled.
Judging by her conversation, Evelyn is currently obsessed with her birthday (which won't happen for another 10.5 months) and anything Aladdin related. I'm not sure why she's decided this is now her favorite movie (and therefore Jasmine her favorite princess), but so it is.
Andrew's currently obsessed by Skylanders, which I was only just barely aware existed. Apparently, we have his cousins to thank for this one! And his dad's iPad--when he can get it. He told us he wanted an iPod for Christmas and we laughed at him. But at least he's enjoying himself.
Dan and I spent the week visiting Oliver, who's still in the hospital. But he's almost back up to his birthweight, he lost his umbilical cord a few days ago, and he had his first bath last night. He blinked bemusedly at me and the nurse, his little forehead wrinkling up so he looked like the world's smallest old man. But he didn't cry, which is a plus.
This week, we're looking forward to lots of cousin time and the 4th of July holiday. We're not looking forward to Dan teaching summer school, but someone has to pay the bills!
1 comment:
You are welcome! His cousins were delighted to introduce him to their newest obsession. :)
Post a Comment