Summer is in full swing here, which apparently means days that are too windy to even go outside, followed by several days of gorgeous sunshine. Go figure.
Things that we did this week of note:
*We went to the library (surprise, surprise) with what apparently was half of our town and signed up for the summer reading program, and then had a picnic in the park with friends.
*I abandoned my children for a day to go to Youth Conference with the young women (and give rides back to those who couldn't stay overnight). I had fun, got a little sunburned, and did *not* go horse-back riding (which was the primary activity). I also didn't see any rattlesnakes, which our hosts had warned us about.
*Sarah came into town to celebrate Poppy's birthday so we had a fabulous weekend full of good food (Brunos for dinner last night; turkey burgers and oatmeal cake today), card games, and general hanging out. The kids wanted to go swimming in the outdoor pool behind Bubby and Poppy's house, so we trooped them over Saturday afternoon. The water was too cold for me to brave for very long (clearly not a heated pool!), but the kids loved it. Dan was a good sport and stayed in the water with the kids the whole time.
*Finally, in our biggest news for the week: Andrew lost his first tooth!
He's been wiggling on it for a week or more now, so it was more than time (the tooth was starting to go gray). Poppy pulled it out today after dinner--but I don't think he had to do much more than tweak it. Andrew appears fascinated by the new gap in his mouth, since he can't keep his fingers out of it. I think he's also a little nervous about the impending visit of the tooth fairy, since he asked me if he could leave his door open tonight and said something about being nervous because this is his first tooth he's lost . . .
I'd post a picture of his gap-toothed smile, except that the only pictures I could get of him were more like a gap-toothed grimace. I'll try for some better pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment