Sunday, March 25, 2012

Um, was I supposed to post today?

I've been working on a Segullah post for tomorrow, and completely spaced posting here. (Also, after last week I kind of feel like I hit my picture posting quota for the month).

So you'll have to make do with a very short post. We're all healthy and happy here--Dan in particular is happy to be done with coordinating the junior high/high school science fair at SUU, which has occupied his spare time for the last week. The kids are adjusting back to normal routines and Andrew continues to read rapaciously--seriously, we went to the library on Monday, by Tuesday he'd read the 10 nonfiction books he checked out (most are, I think, on at least a 3rd grade reading level) and he insisted we go back Wednesday. He's been pestering me all weekend to go back to the library.

The bibliovore in me loves that he loves books so much. The mom in me who also needs to get other things done has to sigh a little.

Before I close, I have to share a funny story from this week.

Andrew was talking to Evelyn (as he sometimes does) about having a baby brother in heaven (something he also told his kindergarten class when I was volunteering there on Friday--maybe we need to talk about appropriate sharing!), courtesy of our miscarriage last winter.

Then he said, "Evelyn, did you know that you have thousands of brothers?"

Evelyn's eyes got really big. "I do? Where?"

I said, "Yes, Andrew--where?" (I thought he was still talking about brothers in Heaven and couldn't figure out where the number was coming from--I'm certainly not planning on thousands of babies).

"All over! Everyone on earth is your brother or sister. We're all children of Heavenly Father."

Funny kid. Although probably it's billions, not thousands.

No comments: