Sunday, February 05, 2012

On Superbowl Sunday

We are conspicuously NOT watching the Super Bowl, although I'm looking forward to another episode of Downton Abbey as soon as I finish this post. (Yes, we are those kind of people).

This week was another relatively calm week (aside from a small emotional outburst on my part that no one here really wants to hear about!). The kids had school (or pre-school), Dan worked, and I taught a couple of classes. Aside from Young Women earlier in the week and Writer's Group on Thursday, we didn't have a lot of outside commitments.

I did have a couple of small writing triumphs. My friend (and critique partner) Elaine and I made the final cut in an online writing contest at Throwing Up Words, a blog run by Carol Lynch Williams, Ann Dee Ellis (another Provo High grad!) and Chris Crowe. I was also a finalist at Miss Snark's First Victim, a contest judged by a literary agent.

I wouldn't normally spend so much time tooting my own horn, but the contests were both nice validations that I've finally figured out at least my opening scene (maybe my writing isn't that crappy after all!)--and I have nothing else to write about. At least, not that I want to post here!

No comments: