I love General Conference (although I have to confess being bored by it when I was a kid and too young to really appreciate what was going on). As I've gotten older, I've found that, almost without fail, I can bring questions or issues I'm having to the conference session and find answers or inspiration. This year was no exception (although sometimes I struggle with small children who try to climb on me at crucial moments. Clearly, I still need to do some work on "becoming" the person I need to be, as both Elder Christofferson and Elder Robbins addressed). I think my favorite talks were Elder Cook's talk from yesterday morning, Elder Oak's from yesterday afternoon, and Elder Bednar's and Christofferson's and Robbin's talks from today. For those of you who listened--what were your favorites?
We had good week--the temperatures warmed up (at least, until we woke to snow this morning) so we got to spend a little more time outside. And on Thursday, our friend and neighbor had her baby, which gave us the opportunity to serve them--we got to watch their older kids Thursday afternoon while she was still in labor; and then we got to bring them dinner yesterday after she and the baby came home from the hospital. It's been a while since I saw (and held!) a brand-new baby. You forget how small they are at first--they always grow so quickly. But we're thrilled for them (and yes, a teeny bit jealous. But they've told me that I can hold the baby whenever I want. :)).
This week's operative letter was "K" so we made some Korean short-ribs (er, sort of--Dan couldn't find the right kind of ribs, but the marinade was Korean style) and bimbambap, a kind of Korean salad with rice (it was yummy). But, in the excitement of things, we forgot to read the book on Korea that I'd specifically checked out to read with the kids. We'll have to remember and do that.
Yesterday morning, we listened to the first session of conference outside, while Dan put the finishing touches on a new sandbox (hopefully to replace the enormous, impossible one we currently have). And in true spring fashion, yesterday morning the weather was balmy and warm; today, it was cold, wet, and snow-covered. (SO glad we finished building the thing yesterday!).
Hopefully I can post pictures during the week--if not, you'll probably get them next Sunday!
1 comment:
Overall favorites: Elder Oaks, Elder Johnson (Paul V.), and Elder Christofferson. Honorable mentions to Elders Grow and Robbins.
Post a Comment