Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring

I'm finally cautiously optimistic that spring has indeed arrived for good. I wasn't so sure at the beginning of the week--Monday afternoon a snowstorm blew up and the weather was generally so disagreeable that I talked our neighbor and her kids into coming with us to see How to Train Your Dragon. This was Evelyn's first time in a theater, and I think she did okay--she liked the dragons, but she lost interest about two thirds of the way through and was more interested in climbing on and off her chair. Andrew is still processing the movie--parts of it (the dragons) he really liked--parts of it he found frightening. That didn't prevent either him or Evelyn from enjoying some dragon themed towels I found on clearance. To be fair, I thought the towels might be useful for bathing, but they're hardly long enough. Still, they make a cheap addition to the dress-up box. (Oh, and if you were wondering about the matching SUU gear, all I can say is that their dad dressed them on this particular morning.)


The big highlight of the week was the arrival of my parents early Friday afternoon. (Here's Evelyn on the phone with grandma prior to the arrival). It was nice to have them here--even nicer to have them play with my kids so I could make dinner without any distractions. As I mentioned previously, we spent a lot of time outside doing yardwork, but my mom and I did manage to sneak in a trip to SG Friday night so that we could check out the outlet mall.

My parents left around naptime yesterday; after they left, everyone either slept or rested. It was an almost picture-perfect Saturday: the weather was warm, but not hot, we got a substantial amount of yard work accomplished (I even sanitized our sand-box with a chlorox wash!) and still had time to play.

Today has also been nice, if unfinished still. I stayed awake during Relief Society (something I struggled with last week) and even got some answers to prayers (convenient, since the discussion was about prayer to begin with.) Here's some pictures of the kids in new Spring clothes. You may have to peek closely at Evelyn--we tried a new look for her (two spouts on the top of her head).


3 comments:

Topsy said...

That was an awesome movie. Moose did not do so well either, eventually launching his binky into the crowd. The good part was that was his last binky !!!!!

Jenilyn Collings said...

My kids all loved the movie and were really good through it. I thought they would be more scared, but they weren't. They are a little older than Evelyn. I love her dress, by the way.

Lori said...

I love the photos of your kids. It seems like you can catch a little glimpse of Evelyn's personality in the expressions you caught. So fun.