Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sleep-ache

My parents were in town yesterday and today, which was a (mostly) undiluted pleasure. My mom's idea of fun is to help me straighten out the mess that is our yard (beautiful, but high-maintenance!). I am deeply grateful for her help and her enthusiastic attack on the weeds, but it must be confessed that gardening is not on the top of my pleasurable activities. But it did feel good to work out in the sunshine.

At any rate, by the time my parents left this afternoon, Andrew was worn out. We won him over to the idea of laying down by suggesting that everyone would take a nap. While Dan put Evelyn down, I lay down next to Andrew. He fell asleep so quickly that I almost thought he was faking it. When I told Dan about this later, Andrew overheard.

He took up my narrative, adding, "I fell asleep so fast, I almost got a sleep-ache!"

No comments: