So, I've been trying to run more regularly the last five months or so. Tonight, I decided to push myself just a little and see if I could run five miles (usually I just run three--and I can't honestly remember if I've ever run five miles before. I'm not exactly what you'd call the athletic type!). Surprisingly enough, I could. Even more surprisingly (for me, at least), I set one of my better times--49:52 for the whole five. Not exactly record times, but I was pleased with them.
3 comments:
congratulations GIRL!!!! Running is about the only thing I've ever discovered that helps in slimming the thighs. Of course, genetics still reign supreme. But oh well!
Holy Cow! That is awesome. Five miles is a most respectable distance, and sub 10 minute miles means you are a running machine. I'm so proud of you. (And to think you did it in the deep of winter. You are strong!)
Jocelin--before you get too impressed, you should know that I ran this indoors, on a track (WAY too many laps). I'm not that strong.
Post a Comment