Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

I'll start right off by saying that unfortunately, we have no pictures this week. (The camera is currently packed in one of our suitcases downstairs). And, like most things in life, today hasn't exactly gone according to plan.

To celebrate the three day holiday, we decided to come up north to visit family (we haven't been up since New Years). And of course, Evelyn chose this week to get sick. (I should have known better--a full month of healthy kids is definitely tempting fate this time of year). So it wasn't until Friday that we decided for sure to come. Since she's still getting over her cold, she stayed with me yesterday, and we went shopping with grandma while Dan and Andrew went up to SLC to visit with Sarah and her family. The plan was to go up again tonight (when Bubby and Poppy were to be in town), but just before naptime I noticed that Evelyn had fluid coming out her right ear and it was nasty and crusty. Ugh. So, once again Dan went solo with Andrew and Evelyn and I spent three hours at Insta Care. That's right: Three. (Sadly enough, if we'd come in two hours later, we probably would have been seen at the same time, given the way the crowd shifted). The diagnosis: an outer (and probably inner) ear infection. At least, the doctor tells me, the tubes in her ears will keep her from feeling too much pain since the reduce the pressure in her ears.

Other than that, we've enjoyed taking things a little easier, and watching the Olympics (some of the special effects for the opening ceremonies were, we thought, fantastic, although I'm not a huge fan of the punk clogging.)

Hoping all of you are having a good valentines! If it's not as romantic as you were hoping, maybe you can take solace in knowing that you are loved.

No comments: