(appropriate Eeyore accent, of course, for the title!)
Not that I'm exactly cynical, or even gloomy right now. It's just that I have nothing really to report for this week, so nothing but habit has me writing.
I mentioned last week that the kids had been sick, and I was starting to feel so--and then, of course, I got sick with a vengeance. I could tell I was finally starting to feel better around Wednesday, when I actually cleaned for the first time in days. But needless to say, we didn't get out much this week, which was a pity since the weather was actually quite glorious.
I did take the kids to the park on Friday, as a kind of atonement . . . only to find that Dan had come home early that day and missed us by minutes. The park would have been much more fun with two grown-ups. Since Dan had to go to some kind of schmoozing/recruiting dinner that night, this meant that we didn't see much of him that evening.
Saturday, of course, we caught up on all the chores we've been neglecting for the last several weeks: we finally raked up all the leaves on the yard and off of the driveway, and Dan used our fancy lawn-mower to mulch the leaves into the grass (which was much easier than trying to wrestle them into garbage sacks--and more eco-friendly too!). We also cleaned the house, and generally enjoyed having a Saturday at home.
Hope all our readers have enjoyed a similarly peaceful weekend!
1 comment:
I am so glad you bother. Sometimes the uneventful and more thoughtful entries are my favorites!
Post a Comment