A couple of weeks ago, before the move. Evelyn went temporarily missing. I had been doing something (packing, probably) and turned around and couldn't see my daughter anywhere (and given that our living space was basically one long room, this was worrisome). I asked Andrew where she was, and he didn't know either. I ran to the stairs (her newest favorite haunt); she wasn't there either. I finally heard some squeaking behind the brown recliner, and discovered Evelyn, happily perched in Andrew's underwear drawer.
We blogged last week about Emi's princess party. Here are a couple of pictures of the beautiful princesses--Andrew was the only non-sibling boy at the party, and, since his costumes were all packed, he couldn't wear his prince/knight costume either. However, he wasn't stymied by this for long: a few minutes into the party, he disappeared upstairs. He reappeared a few minutes later wearing Emi's yellow Belle shoes, which he wore for the rest of the party. Funny boy.
Incidentally, my mom made the beautiful white dress that Emi is wearing here. Emi's dad also made her a lovely teal velvet and white satin dress, so she must have been in little girl princess heaven.
Our new house has a full length mirror in the entry way. Evelyn discovered it the other day and made an instant new friend. She spent a good fifteen-twenty minutes kissing and patting and chattering to Evelyn-in-the-mirror. Andrew, of course, had to get in the action, and now I have a perfect nose and mouth print about three feet up on the mirror that I still need to clean off. (Evelyn's prints, of course, were all smudged together.)
We've been impressed this past week with Evelyn's cousin Leo's passion for food. He two fists everything put in front of him and muscles it into his mouth as fast as he can. Evelyn seems to have been inspired by his example to finally start eating real people food on a regular basis--however, she takes dainty little bites out of her food and picks up each morsel carefully in a delicate little pincer grip. Not quite as fascinating to watch as Leo's performances, but still cute in her own way.
Playing dress-up this morning before church.
1 comment:
I love the jumping shot, and the truth is that most photographers need to take at least five or six takes to get a good one. I just love the shot of Evelyn loving herself in the mirror. It seems like they're happy and that everything is going very well for you guys.
Post a Comment