Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Diving Diva

Today, I turned my back on Evelyn for just a minute or so to go help Andrew set up some play-doh in his room. I knew she was in the bathroom, but I thought she was playing with the drawers (some of you can already tell where this is going). Anyway, I came back in to find her happily splashing away in the toilet. After, of course, pulling all the toilet paper off the roll and leaving it in a heap on the floor.

Needless to say, I scrubbed her arms and made a silent resolution to keep the bathroom door shut from now on. And to keep Evelyn out unless she's getting a bath. (Baths are one of her current favorite things. Baths and dream-bars. Maybe she thought the toilet was her own private bathtub?)

Bubby and Poppy would have been proud of Evelyn tonight. After scorning most of her dinner (aside from a few pieces of squash), she ate nearly a whole orange dream bar. And she channeled some serious Leo while doing so--she was so excited when she saw the icecream bar, that she literally started shaking . . .

3 comments:

megandjon said...

yeah, i've caught walter in the toilet a couple of times now too. ick. now we try to always keep the lid down!

also, just wanted to tell you that i mentioned your blog in my last blog post, as i really enjoyed your last post!

Laurie said...

The shaking is so much fun! We wish we could have been there to have some dream bar with her.

Karrot Soup said...

Huh, another kid that shakes. I had never heard of that, but Nora does it too. I can't think how to describe it very well, but does Evelyn's involve holding fists out to the side (elbows bent) when shaking? It always looks uncomfortable, but it's fun to see a kid THAT excited.
Sorry about the toilet discovery...