It's continually fascinating to me to watch and listen as Andrew makes sense (or not) of his world, piecing together random pieces of information to tell stories. The following story unfolded on the way home from the store just now (NB: for those not in the know, "Grandma Marsha" is what Katie, Jake, and Lydia call their other grandma. I think Andrew's only met her once or twice, and he probably doesn't even remember those occasions.)
Andrew: "One time, my grandma Marsha wasn't wearing her seatbelt and she flew onto the road and got killed. She didn't know she was supposed to wear a seatbelt." (Only it sounds more like "kilt.") "It only takes three days for people to come alive again."
Brief pause while I try to clarify the doctrine of resurrection for a three-year-old. Apparently I wasn't successful, because Andrew resumed with this:
"No, my grandma Marsha came alive in three days. She was just like Jesus. But she was born before Jesus."
No comments:
Post a Comment