Yesterday afternoon, on our way back home from SLC (where we spent the day with Sarah and crew to celebrate Lydia and Katie's birthdays), I was talking to Andrew. I asked him if he knew his mom (me) loved him. After a little pause, he said, "Sometimes."
Curious, I asked why. (I was thinking maybe because sometimes I get mad at him, etc.) Instead, he said, "Sometimes you're too nice." (What?!?)
He continued. "Sometimes there are too many toys, too many treats, too many rides. . . ."
At this point, I started to recognize his source, The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies (which explains that sometimes moms and dads can be too nice to their kids, and that it isn't good for the kids). But it was still funny to hear a somewhat sophisticated read on me, since I do have to struggle to keep from spoiling my kids sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment